Week 5 - Networking IP address

Week 5

Marcus Rogelio

BSIT220

9/30/2023



Networking IP address


    This week, I learned about the essentials of IP and MAC addresses. There was too much math for me to handle in this lesson, and sometimes it may say a lot of nonsense since the CompTia Networking book says that this might be an exciting lesson, but it hurt my brain more. Either way, at least I know what is the IP address for.


The exciting thing about IP address and MAC address is that they both can be sent from computer to router, which helps the router identify which computer was the IP address. Although they have their differences, the IP address contains fewer digits, which is four numbers, compared to the MAC address, which is 12 digits, found in the command prompt. They were speaking of the command prompt. When in doubt, users can check on the IP address of the devices and other utilities that will make user's life easy. Unfortunately, there are too many commands that I have to figure out, so it will take time for me to remember all of them. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog