Week 6

Marcus Rogelio

BSIT 220

10/3/2023

Domain Name System


This week and the previous week have been rough in week six, especially regarding reading it. Sometimes, it feels overwhelming since it is new for me to network. Although there are interesting facts so far during my reading, there is a lot of pressure on my back since there is a milestone and written assignment that will be problematic for this course.

Anyway, I did learn during my learning. I read through how the IP address is coming from and how the DNS works, which can be helpful during on-network troubleshooting. Although I cannot use many server websites, I may need guidance when setting up a server, but I can see why it can be helpful. I still need to ask a question since it doesn't explain to me about preferred DNS, which applies in network properties and only shows the preferred IP address from the command prompt, as it can be helpful later on. We can also check DNS by using the command prompt, which can look up IP address and DNS.

The information that would be extremely useful is that if the network and troubleshooting are not working, we can use the command - ipconfig flushdns, which clears out the temporary files cache from the server network. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog