Week 8 - Network and MAC address

Marcus Rogelio

BSIT 200

Week 8 

10/20/2023

Network and MAC address


Surprisingly, I made it to week 8, but it doesn't mean it is time for me to take a break from schoolwork since it is better to be safe than sorry rather than letting my guard down and failing myself. But back to the subject, the topic primarily discusses network and MAC addresses. I list mainly what I have found interesting. 


What I found interesting about networking is that the administrator can use a bunch of security types to find the network's password by looking at network properties containing the wifi name and password. By clicking on the password, they can see the password of the network with the permission of the user with administrator privilege to access the wifi. This will save users' lives if they don't know the password or give the password to the guest if they want to access their wifi. 

Another word would be MAC address. I have wondered about the point of using IPv4 and IPv6, and it was just how many digits that make it into an IP address. I would not want to deal with IPv6, but it is what it is in this technology evolution. 


So far, so good, and I hope to keep it up. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog